Friday, May 10, 2013

Japanese Kimono Inspired

 Hey guys! I apologize for it being so quiet around here lately. I am preparing to take my state board exam for my Nail Technician license along with taking care of the girls that I have been since starting school. Plus, I had a pretty bad break on my left hand middle finger that split down the center into the quick so it's been patched until it can grow out.
 But for today I have a simple design inspired by Japanese kimonos. The base is OPI Black Onyx with Color Club Gingerbread Man, followed by a loose gold holographic glitter. The flowers are done with acrylic paint and a few gold bullion beads on the ring finger for the centers of the flowers.

18 comments:

  1. This looks anything *but* simple, but it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - surprised you put the CC brown over the black...I can so see that making it a less stark, more antique cloth like base over leaving it plain black like many would do. The gold balls are lovely added on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply stunning! I can totally see the kimono in this mani xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do my own nails. I like the job I do so well now I don't get professional manicures anymore. But I love your work so much that if you local to me, I would go to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty love the black, pink and white. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to own a kimono so bad! This is definitely a kimono pattern I'd wear *_*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oi, Tera! Você é uma artista!!!(in portuguese)
    I loved!!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous, I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this design! So gorgeous! And it does look exactly like kimono fabric! I am going to have to copy this one! Thank you for sharing your talent. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you call that simple? Wow, it's super marvelous! What a shame, I'm not even good at applying nail color on the right hand (I'm a right-handed).:) This would surely make for a great pattern for a great variety of kimono. Thanks so much for the idea.:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment! That said, please do not spam me. Comments with links will be deleted. If there is a blog or anything else you would like me to check out feel free to email me, I love finding new blogs!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...